VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Camcorder format which allows you to record digital-quality video onto standard Hi8 or 8mm tape. Most Digital8 camcorders also play back analog Hi8 and 8mm recordings, although they do not record in Hi8 or 8mm. A 120-minute Hi8/8mm tape yields one hour of recording when used with a Digital8 camcorder, giving you essentially the same stunning picture quality as you get with Mini DV (500 lines of horizontal resolution).
    Quote Quote  
  2. That being said...

What is the best way to capture the video on a Dig8 tape to PC?
    Quote Quote  
  3. install firewire Card and start out with something simple like
    Ulead Videostudio 6 or 7

then as you get better move up to Adobe premiere or vegas video\Sony

Try to use the tracks view instead of the filmstrip view.. you will learn more about editing that way.. good Luck
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Baldrick
    Camcorder format which allows you to record digital-quality video onto standard Hi8 or 8mm tape. Most Digital8 camcorders also play back analog Hi8 and 8mm recordings, although they do not record in Hi8 or 8mm. A 120-minute Hi8/8mm tape yields one hour of recording when used with a Digital8 camcorder, giving you essentially the same stunning picture quality as you get with Mini DV (500 lines of horizontal resolution).
    I like D8 myself (having 3 cams). But some of that is misleading. "digital quality" means absolutely nothing. VCDs are "digital quality". For that matter, low bit rate Windows media are, too. Now, if you meant "DV quality", fair enough. But that's still no standard. D8 cams are as good IMO as cheap DV cams in the same price range, but neither matches a VX2000, and they're all supposdly "DV quality". It's all about optics & CCDs. Few cheapies get all 500 lines of res through their optics.
    Quote Quote