VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey there. I've got this 766MB (~77min) mpeg-1 file that I'm trying to burn as a VCD. I wanted to add some chapters to it with VCDEasy and burn the resulting .bin file. Problem is, the final .bin file is 880MB (~88min) which is obviously too large. I'm not too experienced at this and I was wondering where the extra size/length is coming from. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    easy fix.

use TMPGEnc -- Mpeg Tools -- Simple Multiplex. Use your Mpeg as video and audio input. Choose a filepath for the remultiplexed file. Here's the important part -- choose type as MPEG1 VCD (Non-Standard).

This takes all of 2 minutes, doesn't change the quality, and will give you a file which won't require autopadding in VCDEasy.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Great stuff. Thankyou very much. I'll give it a shot.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I've been having the same problem. Re-multiplexing doesn't make much of a difference at
    all. Is there anything else that I can try?
    Quote Quote  
  5. [quote="uigrad"]I've been having the same problem. Re-multiplexing doesn't make much of a difference at
    all. Is there anything else that I can try?[/quote
    https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=150087

i found useing simple-multiplex did not fit the bill and solve the problem but doing multiplex and de-multiplex like above shows to solve the autopadding issue
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A bin file is always going to be larger than the sum of all the files it contains. I have seen 900MB bins which fit on a 74min cdr. Just load it into the disk imaging software and let it tell you whether it will fit or not. My guess is that your disk image will easily fit on an 80 min cdr. If VCDEasy's display in the lower part tells you it will fit, then it should fit regardless of how large the bin ends up being.

There are some other possibilities that might be inflating your filesize as well. As others have said, make sure your mpg is multiplexed correctly. In VCDEasy either turn off the update scan offsets option, you really don't need it, or take it into account when encoding. This option can increase filesize by as much as 80MBs. Other than that, just burn away. You should be fine.
    Quote Quote