VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have some UNencrypted DVDs with tv episodes on them. Is there a way to rip them to Divx and *automatically* end up with one divx file per episode?

I have a nice editor that I like (Womble MPEG Video Wizard) which can read the dvds and let me cut them into whatever output I want. It works fine. What I'm asking is there a way to bypass the editor? There are chapter points in the dvd which correspond to the beginning of a tv episode, but the start/end of the episodes is not necessarily the same as the start/end of the VOBs. Somewhere on the dvd is a menu structure when knows where the episodes start/end. I was wondering if there were a tool which would be able to use the information on the dvd so that I can rip into one divx file per episode without having to use my editor. Sort of an autopilot for ripping. Am I crazy?
    Quote Quote  
  2. You could use DVDDecrypter->IFO Mode->Stream Processing and choose the chapters you want.Make sure to go to Settings->IFO Mode and set file splitting to "By Chapters".
    You will still have to use an encoder to convert to Divx.
    Quote Quote