VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. guys,

which program is recommendable?
    i am using now NERO vision, but you can't select a specific bitrate and that freaks me out. I converted 4 files, each 500mb xvid files to DVD, but vision only uses about 3600mb of the outcoming dvd and thats quite stupid.

is there a all in one tool that let you control the bitrate, or simply use the whole capacity of a dvd?

thx

----
    EDIT: just found out that the new NERO VISON (vers. 4.5) has a function called:

Fit-To-Disc

which calculates an exacty bitrate for the dvd, or any other media.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    most all-in-one aps don't allow you many options...kinda pre-set for n00bs
    check the tools area for more aps
    Quote Quote  
  3. yeah... i know, but i am a kind of lazy, encoding all the stuff and then authoring it. this process takes so much time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Lazy gets you crap, plain and simple.

If you really can't be bothered, buy a DVD player with Divx playback. Then you don't have to encode anything.

Otherwise, buy ConvertXtoDVD. It will do most files without issues. No single program converts all formats well.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. well, forget converxtodvd... i already tried it.
    I installed the new nero vision 4.5 and it works quite good. You can select 2pass encoding and it uses the whole dvd-r and not only a part of it. Actually quite good.

can you import subs (SRT) into ulead dvd moviefactory?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by nuzumaki
    can you import subs (SRT) into ulead dvd moviefactory?
    V4 doesn't appear to have any subtitile options (they're now at v5). According to their website Ulead DVD Workshop (a more expensive product) supports "text subtitles" but I don't know if that means SRT.
    Quote Quote