VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys,
    This is my first post i this forum.
    I have recently got a LG 3D smart Wifi TV for my home. I have many 3D HSBS blue ray rip movies in my hard disk which i would like to play in my tv( MKV, AVI, MP4 format). The TV supports all format and i am able to plug and play all movies from hard disk. But only problem is the audio. The audio for the HD movies which are 2 channel are perfect and i am able to hear the dialogues perfectly. But in those Bluray rips where the audio is 5.1 DTS( 6 channel) the dialogues are barely audible but the background music are perfect, which is spoiling the whole movie experience. I have tried changing the setting in TV but no improvement at all. Everytime i play the movie, the music background score is loud and dialogue is not properly audible.

I tried converting the movies to 2 channel in format factory and play but that also gives the same result of center channel audio of dialogues being suppressed.

Is there anyway i can re-encode this audio 5.1 and downmix it to 2 channel stereo without dialogues getting suppressed retaining the same video quality of Blueray rip and then play it on my TV.? are there any other softwares for it? can someone help me in detailing on how to do it or give me a pointer to any other tutorial sites on how to do it?. Sorry i am a noob in A/V kindly help me

Thanks
    Drashkum

PS: I dont know if this is the right subforum to post this question. Moderators kindly move the topic to appropriate forum if it is wrong and oblige
    Quote Quote  
  2. Give eac3to a try as it's designed for BD and it's using correct downmix algorithms. The -downStereo option is what you're looking for.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the reply brazil. I am a noob at command line......i really dont know a thing in it. can you please detail me on how to do it?
    Quote Quote