VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    hi,
    On searching the sites, regarding restoring the monitor back to this computer only mode, otherwise known as internal mode, i found this executes in run command to get this mode.
    i do not know programming language to put it in a bat file and want to schedule a task at the close of any running session when shutting down the pc.
    I reallyexperieced problem, when i just forgot to switch to internal mode and it resulted that i could boot but could not see any display as the display was set to duplicate when i closed.
    I also read an article to day that a user accidently runs the command to the projector mode and lost his display in the pc.
    There are four modes and the following is the command to get the internal mode
    DisplaySwitch.exe /internal
    But ido not know how to put in a bat file to run this as scheduled task automatically run this batch to restore always the internal mode
    The other modes are in run command
    DisplaySwitch.exe /external to only display in source external
    DisplaySwitch.exe /clone for duplicate display, I use
    DisplaySwitch.exe /extend for extended display
    It will be helpful , if a bat file to restore to default monitor settings , from all the other settings , as primary display, irrespective of connected devices
    Hope to receive a bat file
    see the last comment in the link, which expresse this problem .
    if window is running , it is easy to switch back
    but if you forget to the internal mode, then you willl have no display when booting, knowing if it is booting or not
    The lilnk is given for reference
    https://winaero.com/switch-between-multiple-displays-monitors-directly-with-a-shortcut...and-windows-8/

there are four exe and four mui files .my system is win 64 bit. can i give path to syswow64 exe path.please
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	displayswitchexe.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	454.0 KB
ID:	57458  

Last edited by jraju; 20th Feb 2021 at 08:26.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Create a new txt file. Open it and write
    start "" DisplaySwitch.exe /internal
    Rename it to StoID.bat (Switch to intern Display).
    If you are on Windows 10 pro you can use gpedit to execute it at shutdown.
    See here https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12434863/executing-a-batch-script-on-windows-shutdown
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You don't really need "start" in there. Just the command executable name (and location, if not already in the PATH - important) and option switch. You may need to run this elevated.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hi, prawo
    There are 4 exes , which path i have to choose for my win 7 64 bit.
    Cornucopia thank you for saying include path
    The same query to you also, which path i should give as there are four exes
    for eg: start "" path of the file DisplaySwitch.exe /internal
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, i could execute the bat file up to exe. but how to set it internal as sub arguments
    This is the bat file.

START "" "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\displayswitch.exe"
    then how do i include /internal
    if i add just /internal, then i get error message pah not found
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Checking further, I see it is a Win system executable which resides in the System32 directory, so in this case, you shouldn't need explicit path statements. If you wanted it though, I suggest you use %windir%/System32/displayswitch.exe. The version in syswow64 is 32bit, and the version in system32 is 64bit IN 64bit machines. Yes, I know that seems counterintuitive, but if you read up on syswow64, you will understand why it is that way. Whichever version you choose shouldn't really matter, just choose one.

Try just typing "displayswitch.exe" into a batch file alone. If it runs properly (it should), it should show a gui option to choose from.
    Alright, now change it to "displayswitch.exe /internal". Try it with, and without, the quotes. It should just run that one option directly.

Note: the app requires your machine not be locked when run.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    yes, Copur, it works correctly. Thank you.
    One peculiar thing I noticed , is when i run the script, the compupter switches from duplicate mode, to single mode to pc only.
    but , getting assigned as 2nd device. is there any miss
    Quote Quote