VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I tried a couple of video downloaders like VSO downloaders and some other (I can't recall the names because I've deleted them) but they don't work. They are not able to grab videos from some streaming sites with more updated players.

Is there any more powerful and more universal software that can be used to grab more videos from more sites??

Best free but if it's paid, OK. Please advise
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No downloader will grab every streaming video but I have found that both tubedigger and Jaksta (both paid for) get most of them.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    No downloader will grab every streaming video but I have found that both tubedigger and Jaksta (both paid for) get most of them.
    I guess it depends what you are trying to grab and from where, but I was not that impressed with either of those two. It seems I've had more luck alternating between VideoGet, Fast Video Downloader (both paid programs), and TV Downloader (which is free, and has its own thread here).
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Jaksta and ReplayMediaCatcher have the same engine and are currently useless in most situations.
    The best is IDM.
    Of course, the program has bugs. Even funny ones eg. when it gives a message that the material is protected and you can not catch it, but ordinary Flashget can download it.

Warning!
    There is no crack or patch to it - all of them do not work!
    [Attachment 45837 - Click to enlarge]

Do not be fooled by "fake serial number solved" promises.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^^ I guess it depends what you are trying to grab and from where

Aka. 'Horses for Courses'. Kinda proved my initial comment.

I also use TVDownloader. Have one of the earlier versions before the program went gaga. But I understand the developer saw the light and has since removed the offending 'features'.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kowa1 View Post
    Jaksta and ReplayMediaCatcher have the same engine and are currently useless in most situations.
    The best is IDM.
    Of course, the program has bugs. Even funny ones eg. when it gives a message that the material is protected and you can not catch it, but ordinary Flashget can download it.

Warning!
    There is no crack or patch to it - all of them do not work!
    [Attachment 45837 - Click to enlarge]

Do not be fooled by "fake serial number solved" promises.
    I ditched IDM some time ago, due to some intrusive security issues that I no longer recall the details of.
    (I do tend to avoid programs that demonstrate a tendency to "call Home" and blab about something or other.)
    Ant DM is annoyingly intrusive, in other ways. (As noted in my review here on VH.)
    I'm not sure now whether I ever tried EagleGet, but probably not.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    I ditched IDM some time ago, due to some intrusive security issues that I no longer recall the details of.
    (I do tend to avoid programs that demonstrate a tendency to "call Home" and blab about something or other.)
    Ant DM is annoyingly intrusive, in other ways. (As noted in my review here on VH.)
    I'm not sure now whether I ever tried EagleGet, but probably not.
    So what You use to download video stream?
    Can You write more precisely and not negatively, rebirth, and positively advise something.
    I have a strong firewall and never, NEVER, have had any problems with IDM.
    Please be precise what means "a tendency to "call Home" and blab about something or other" which way?
    But if You even not " longer recall the details of" please stop blablablaing.

If enyone use EagleGet.
    Please tell me does it have good sniffer to recognize and downloader to download?
    For example
    Can it sniff rcognize and dowload streams from videosexarchive.com or this http://ttv.pl/aktualnosci,926,n/szturm-lokatorow-na-kotlownie,187439.html
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There's one do-it-all streaming downloader that works anywhere and there isn't going to be.

Streaming sites don't like people downloading their stuff so they're constantly changing protocols. Downloaders can't keep up so occasionally they're going to fail. Use several of them.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Hoser Rob View Post
    There's one do-it-all streaming downloader that works anywhere and there isn't going to be.

Streaming sites don't like people downloading their stuff so they're constantly changing protocols. Downloaders can't keep up so occasionally they're going to fail. Use several of them.
    I think you're exactly correct on that.

Incidentally, I had not used Tubedigger since version 3_something. I'm trying it again now at v. 4.6.1, and it is looking much more capable than it seemed to be back then. But you're right: it's a continual "arms race" with the content hosters / providers, who don't want us to be able to grab their stuff. I often have to cycle through several capture programs, until I (hopefully) find one that can handle a particular job.
    Quote Quote  
  10. ...sites don't like people downloading their stuff so they're constantly changing protocols. Downloaders can't keep up so occasionally they're going to fail ...
    Therefore, it is necessary to use programs that have a good support service.
    You write to them and they solve your problems.
    Personally I use TubeDigger

P. S. I have only two paid programs on my computer
    TubeDigger and Hide All IP
    Quote Quote