VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone,

I have a big batch of photos (jpg), that I need to convert into video mp4 format (no effect to apply). Of course I can do so with any editor, if I take care of the task image by image. But I need to do it in bulk considering the amount of images I need to process. Can you give me a tip on how to do so? Thanks.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The length of the video would be very short (less than a second. ~10 frames). They're used as some sort of transition.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Are the image names sequentially numbered? Like: PIC00000.JPG, PIC00001.JPG, PIC00002.JPG...? If so you can use VirtualDub2 to append them all and save as an MP4 file. If you do this often you can use ffmpeg in a batch file.

Code:
    ffmpeg -f image2 -r 24.00 -i %%08d.jpg -vcodec libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -preset slow -crf 18 -sar 1:1 "output.mp4"
    You have to change the input file spec to match the names of the source images. In the above example the names are simple 8 digit numbers with leading zeros: 00000000.jpg, 00000001.jpg... For the names above you would change that to "-i PIC%%05d.jpg" ie, PIC followed by 5 digit numbers with leading zeros.
    Quote Quote