VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have Pinnacle DV Studio 7 package with a DV500 Plus capture card, which always worked fine under Windows 98 then on Windows XP. The last time I used it was November 2007 on XP with the latest service pack at the time, and there were no issues.

However, due to a virus, I recently had to reinstall Windows XP, put in all the latest upgrades (SP3, etc) and now I have problems installing the DV Studio 7 package. With the DV500 Plus plugged into the PCI slot, I run the Pinnacle Studio 7 installation CD supplied. The Studio 7 software installs fine, then the next stage when it's running the AV/DV Hardware installation, I get windows error (the type where it gives me the option to send the error to Microsoft) and I can't get passed this stage of the installation. As a result when I run the Studio 7 software, it lists my other capture devices (video card, webcam) but not the DV500 card (it should be listed as AV/DV analog, if I remember).

I can't find anything on the Pinnacle website on this, nor any updated drivers/patches for this package.

Has annyone else had this problem and how did they go around it?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/Advanced+Video/DV5...mode=documents

Hope that helps. The SP3 seems to have problems with certain programs (or the other way around), Iīd stick with SP2 only (and have since SP3 also gave trouble). I have a Studio DeLuxe card (with Sudio V. 9), simmilar but lacking support for Adobe Premiere (too bad because edit with Premiere)
    This is what I would do; turn off and unplug the computer, remove the DV500 card (good time for some careful cleaning with a can of compressed air and a brush), reinstall windows XP, drivers, etc...(but only with SP2), turn off and unplug again, install DV500 card and turn on, when Windows says itīs found new hardware cancel the installation wizard and search in your install CDs for your AV/DV driver (in my case itīs called PCLEBendPCI.exe), restart and then proceed to install your Studio Software (and upgrades downloaded from the Pinnacle site)
    Good luck
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Pinnacle stopped support for these cards in the early 2000's.

I maintain an old PIII dual boot Win98se/XP SP1 machine for Pinnacle DC-30+ and a DC-1000 with Premiere v6.5 and a SCSI RAID all frozen in time around 2004. I don't put this machine online or connect it to the network for fear of virus attack. So far it still works if I need to revisit an old Premiere project.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote