VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. After I build my DVD layout in VideoWave 5, I click on the 'Burn' icon so I can create my finished product to DVD. However, the software does not seem to recognize my HP dvd200i writer as I cannot select teh 'Write to Disc' option. I can only select the 'Create file set' option. I have no problems creating DVDs with the SONIC MYDVD software (which came with the HP DVD200i writer), so is this a VideoWave conflict with the HP Writer? Any help. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Thanks for all the help!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    videowave 5 can be very choosey when it comes to working with burners. it would'nt burn vcd's with my philips cd-r/w burner.(but would burn minidvds!) also, it worked with my pioneer 104 but hung at 100%. very annoying. as far as i'm concerened you're better off using ulead products like videostudio 6 and dvd workshop as they seem to have none of these compatibility problems.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks boss. I'll start looking into the Ulead products.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Please forgive me if my suggestions are lame. I am a newbie at video editing.

I also prepared my VCD in vidoewave 5.0 but got the error "Can't burn to Optical Disk" with absolutely no reason for the failure. MGI support was helpful but haven't solved the problem. However, their tips might help you. First you need to ensure you have the latest videowave update. For Windows ME it is 5.0 .976. That didn't fix it. Next I revised the ASPI driver file - See Adaptec website. Still no luck. I had a formatted disk in the DirectCD CD-R drive but even when I switched it with an unformatted disk it didn't work. MGI has run out of suggestions. I am really looking forward to burning VCDs and SVCDs but haven't got one to work yet. Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    One of the first things to try is to disable, or even better remove DirectCD, if you've got it. Other than that, you might want to try some of these suggestions. If that fails, you're probably better off with different software.
    Quote Quote