VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have 2 LVW-5005 DVRs. I updated one too far and am not able to record my old VHS to DVD (MV). I do not want to make the same mistake again with the other unit (belongs to my neighbor). The serial is 0104-1840-0090-G2B9 (103-0100). I tried to update with LNFA1098.ES3 but it does not perform the update. Where Can i find an 1098 that can be hacked by Mr. Wizzard or maybe an ISO image file?

Should I update to a non hacked version before thrying a hacked one? I read that you cannot reverse an upgrade.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can re-update the firmware to the firmware on LiteOn's site which would make your 5005 "non-hacked".

Did you get pre-hacked firmware or did you modify the firmware from LiteOn yourself? I modified it myself about a year ago and didn't have any problems.

Tim
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I actually now have had success with the first fully updated unit. I was able to bring it back to 098 and then use the ILO auto hack with success.

The unit with the serial above does not want to update at all. It says data disk on screen and file on the unit display. I used the same real original I used on the first unit. HMMMMM.....

Maybe I'll try the liteon update reccommended and see if it will update at all.

Randy
    Quote Quote  
  4. There are a variety of firmware update files for these units, depending on their particular serial number... probably has to do with the specific production run. Anyway, you need to visit the Lite-On site and enter the serial number to that unit to get the correct firmware file.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did go to the LiteOn site and downloaded and updated the unit successfully. Then put the new serial number in and downloaded the next proposed file. This time I was back to "data File" with no update. Funny that one unit was easy and the other not when I bought them together. At least I can convert my old VHS to DVD now with one unit.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just bought a Lite-on LVW-5005 downloaded the latest firmware LNHA1101.E20 and ran Mr. Wizards hack. The firmware updated ok but still cannot copy protected VHS movies. Still getting the message "Protected Content". I heard this firmware may not allow the ILO Hack to work. If so, can I use an old version of firmware on this machine that ILO hack works on? does anybody have older versions they could email me? I can't seem to get older versions fom the lite-on site because it ask for your serial number and LNHA1101.E20 is all I have been able to get.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You tried to hack 1101 firmware, and the ILO instructions state versions past 0098 do not hack which is why it failed. Go to the ILO site, find 098 version that most closely matches your serial number. The critical parts of serail number are the first 2 sets of 4 digits which is why rmazura attempt failed since firmware tried begins "0102-1840" while the unit to be flashed begins "0104-1840," and he'll need to find 098 firmware beginning "0104-1840" to succeed. FYI the first set of 3 digits within parenthesis of serail number will tell status of region and macrovision. The second digit should be 1 for macrovision disabled, first digit should be 0 indicating region free. Those 3 digits should be something like 015 after a successful flash to remove macrovision and region free.
    Quote Quote