VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Dear all. I have Canon EOS Rebel T6 (1300D) Digital SLR and I have installed wirecast 7.2 as well as tried 7.7, my dslr is visible under Window>Show USB Devices however it's not showing under + capture devices so I am not able to add my dslr as it's not coming anywhere else. please give me proper step by step guide so I can do live streaming on youtube / facebook. Please note that sometimes wirecast only detecting my laptop builtin sony webcam in the area of cupture devices, which I have used for test purpose. Please let me know how can I set or is there any setting required to make my dslr usable with wirecast.

Please note that I am trying to connect the dslr with the usb cable hope I dont need any thing else to connect the dslr with wirecast and the dslr with usb cable are enough to work with wirecast.

Thanks in advance. (reference screen shots attached)
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-shot-2.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	43236  

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-shot-1.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	43237  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the usb port on the camera is for transferring files. it doesn't output video.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for your reply, but i have seen many videos in which people using the same port for videos, as well as I am using this dslr on other softwares getting live videos like on EOS software which uses the same usb cable and port.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not according to what I can find in the User Manual. USB is for data transfer. Video playback is via HDMI.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    but i dont know y hdmi cable is not working with, how can I check if there is any issue with the hdmi port of my laptop, cable is perfact as I tested with my tv with dslr however the dslr is not working as well with my laptop through hdmi port, is there any driver required for or how can I test this port
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    laptop hdmi ports are only for output. they don't work at all for input.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hey friend I'd like to help you but I don't know anything about it I'm quite new in the photography world and have not faced such a problem. I have a sony A6000 that my parents gave me for my 20th birthday. I was advised to buy a glidecam, searched the Internet and came across an article about them click here it's strongly interested me and I thought maybe this would help you somehow.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @AlbertS7, please don't hijack an old (2 years) thread just to post something off-topic. Stabilization tools like Glidecam have NOTHING to do with the OP's issue, which is streaming connectivity to a laptop for live broadcasting.

What had already been explained was correct: that USB port is for data transfer. There are different protocols used with USB. One is for power charging, one is for data/file transfer, similar one is for mass storage, another one is for UsbVideoCodec and/or UsbAudioCodec streaming as if a webcam, etc.. This does NOT have that UVC capability, so that's out.
    HDMI output possibly could be used - hopefully it is a clean HDMI out - but that still requires an HDMI input/capture port on the laptop. Most laptops do NOT have that, only HDMI output ports. This then requires a converter (e.g. HDMI->USB, like Magewell) or output capture/streaming device. And to pass that along still requires a streaming app that understands the usb stream and repacketizes it for IP traffic, such as OBS.

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 7th Oct 2019 at 20:54.
    Quote Quote