VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Thread
  1. Is there an updated tutorial for this which uses the latest version of MEGUI?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I haven’t used this tool for quite a few years. I switched to Mac and no longer use these specific apps.

I’m not sure if they have a way that someone can assume ownership of it or not.
    Impossible to see the future is. The Dark Side clouds everything...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OH MY GOD !!!

Yoda turned to the dark side (Mac) !!!

Say it isn't so!

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

P.S.
    Sorry old friend, I couldn't help myself.
    I had to say it! :P
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Lol...Yeah. I got irritated with all the copy protection/registration and then the updates were still just shite. 4 or 5 reboots, multiple updates for multiple updates. Just painful

After the very first update on mu first Mac, I don't think I would ever go back. It's like night and day. It also made supporting my parents much easier. They rarely call me with problems anymore.

x.265 also encodes like a dream with a 12 core system (currently I use handbrake, subler, and ff-works for any editing).
    Last edited by DJRumpy; 18th Feb 2019 at 15:09.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Which by the way, Navaranna, If I were you I'd consider Handbrake. It supports x.264, h.264, h.265, and full support for MKV wrappers/codecs as well as converting DVD source files if you are still working with that source. It does not however, do actual ripping if I recall. I can't be more clear there as I stopped using DVD sources several years ago as well. There are a multitude of rippers in the tools section. I use MakeMKV to rip Bluray sources to a single MKV file (it just wraps them in MKV, rather than converting anything, so no quality loss).

From there you can feed your MKV into anything that reads that container format. VERY handy for both Bluray and DVD sources.
    Last edited by DJRumpy; 24th Feb 2019 at 14:47.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone with a windows box want to take over this guide? I still get questions from time to time, and I've since gone to the dark side and gotten a mac years ago. I use handbrake now, and MEGUI is Windows only. I suppose I could write a handbrake guide if I had enough requests, as that works on either platform, but that's a topic for another day. Essentially I'm just looking for someone to take over maintaining this one, and keeping up to date with whatever current changes they put into MEGUI.

Any takers?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by DJRumpy View Post
    Does anyone with a windows box want to take over this guide? I still get questions from time to time, and I've since gone to the dark side and gotten a mac years ago. I use handbrake now, and MEGUI is Windows only. I suppose I could write a handbrake guide if I had enough requests, as that works on either platform, but that's a topic for another day. Essentially I'm just looking for someone to take over maintaining this one, and keeping up to date with whatever current changes they put into MEGUI.

Any takers?
    Yes it would be really great if some one can update the tutorial based on Latest ME GUI.
    Did a google search as well, Apparently all tutorials are based on old versions
    Quote Quote