VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    if you are in the market for a very nice video editor consider this current humble bundle, where if you pay $20 or more you get vegas pro 14 (and a bunch of other software).

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/vegas-pro-creative-freedom-rebundle?hmb_source=n...n=tile_index_2
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nice share
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    can't handle MkV so rather use Movavi Video Editor install trial and uninstall so you get the link to the the version with discount or get the Movie Suite
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for sharing! I missed that offer last time, I'd miss is again ...

It is Vegas 14 Pro EDIT version, so there is no DVD Architect included
    it is about 400MB download, pretty slow (~120kB/s),
    after installing there is Vegas 15 available for $199 - good offer if someone wants to buy version 15 Pro (Boris Continuum Image Restoration is included, latest GPU card drivers)

DebugMode frame server (version 13+) on that downloaded Vegas 14 Pro version experience all those audio glitches > after rendering server.avi :
    --frequency is 44.1kHz even if set 48kHz in properties
    --there is that 1s audio glitch at the end of serving file
    --if not 'write PCM samples into frame server avi' is checked while exporting that avi, audio works only once, if server.avi is run second time , audio is distorted

but video serving is without problems with that Vegas version. Also 64bit driver update is working, so server.avi could be loaded into 64bit Vapoursynth script directly (no more 32bit traps), explained here
    Quote Quote  
  5. thanks for posting! got it!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for sharing this!! Purchased last week.

Word of caution during the installation processes: do a custom install otherwise you may end up installing software you do not want or need.
    Quote Quote  
  7. for those who bought that 14 version, or even otherwise, there is possible to get it Vegas Pro 16 for $199 now until 11th December.

otherwise it is $249 until December 12 from their website,
    or upgrade for $149 (from 15?)
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got an email from Humble a couple of days ago offering the following for $25:

Fastcut Plus Edition
    Sound Forge Audio Studio 12
    Vegas Movie Studio 15
    Vegas Pro 15 Edit
    Vegas DVD Architect
    Hitfilm Movie essentials

Link: https://www.humblebundle.com/software/vegas-pro-even-more-software?linkID=&mcID=102:5c...ent=hero_image
    Quote Quote  
  9. yes, its on, thanks for reminder,

that was the first Magix release, these are differences added from v.14 to this 15 version:
    https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/release-vegas-pro-15-inspiration-meets...ivity--108313/
    also closer look:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDenmwGaF5W6hE1mdC6eFQXmZ4JzSpWdR
    Quote Quote  
  10. BMD killed the paid model for NLEs. If you can swing Vegas Pro, then DR should be easy lifting.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Its on again for more two days, $25
    Quote Quote  
  12. I really wish they would make a Linux version, one of the few things I miss from the Windows world.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Loved Vegas when editing in the Win ecosystem. Now using FCPX in the Mac world.
    Quote Quote  
  14. HitFilm Pro is on now on Humble Bundle. Not sure what version. It is $30 with some other FX packages.
    https://www.humblebundle.com/software/professional-filmmaking-tools-software?hmb_sourc...softwarebundle
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, _Al_, I will definitely be looking into this.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    By the way, according to a YouTube video I just watched, the version offered is the latest version.

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4m8ySCrG5A&t=19s
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I didn't know Vegas Pro 14 is already available, I guess I should go check it out.
    Quote Quote  
  18. For more 4days (until September 1st) , for $25 you can get:
    -Magix Video Pro X11 (perhaps original Magix NLE, not Vegas)
    -Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16
    -Sound Forge Audio Studio 13

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/your-sounds-your-movies-professional-video-and-a...softwarebundle
    you can pay by card, PayPal, Amazon or Alipay
    Quote Quote  
  19. ...
    deleted by mistake, it was old Humble Bundle offer for Vegas Pro 18 Edit, nevertheless read below
    Last edited by _Al_; 12th Dec 2023 at 20:38.
    Quote Quote  
  20. It is on again! It seams they do it every Christmas, Magix Vegas technically almost for free:

Vegas Pro 19 Edit

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/vegas-pro-creative-frontier-bundle-software
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    It is on again! It seams they do it every Christmas, Magix Vegas technically almost for free:

Vegas Pro 19 Edit

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/vegas-pro-creative-frontier-bundle-software
    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Offer has been extended for another (almost) 7 days!
    Quote Quote  
  23. Garbage Vegas 19 installer - only the online install loader, 6 MB. Even if you go to Magix and enter your product key, all you get is an small loader, not the full offline package.

I bought the Vegas 18 humble bundle last year, and I have a full offline install for Vegas 18 (740 MB), not sure where I got it from. I looked around, there are shady places that offer full install, but I don't want to get nasty viruses with it. Why Magix pushes me into dark alleys?

This forum does not help:

Version: 21
    Released: Aug 14,2023
    File size: 6.3 MB

Not providing the complete package as a single download SUCKS! Shame on Magix!
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    See if this location exists on you C: drive after you have installed the software:

This PC -> Documents -> MAGIX Downloads -> Installationsmanager

That's where the offline installations file(s) will be.

Alternatively, once you have downloaded the installation files, but have not yet installed, there should be a menu on top of the installer window. If you click on EXTRAS -> OPEN FOLDER FOR LOADED FILES, that will open the folder where the installation files are as well.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
    See if this location exists on you C: drive after you have installed the software:

I have not installed it yet, and I am not planning to install it right now. All I want is to have the offline install package so I could install it later.

Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
    Alternatively, once you have downloaded the installation files, but have not yet installed, there should be a menu on top of the installer window. If you click on EXTRAS -> OPEN FOLDER FOR LOADED FILES, that will open the folder where the installation files are as well.
    There is no menu on the installer. It is not clear to me, will the small installer just download the large packages and THEN start the actual Vegas installation that I will be able to abort, or will it go all the way. I don't want it to install Vegas 19 right now.

It says, "select the components to install", not "select the components to download"
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	vegas19-install.png
Views:	8
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	75703  

Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bwaak View Post

I have not installed it yet, and I am not planning to install it right now. All I want is to have the offline install package so I could install it later.

There is no menu on the installer. It is not clear to me, will the small installer just download the large packages and THEN start the actual Vegas installation that I will be able to abort, or will it go all the way. I don't want it to install Vegas 19 right now.

It says, "select the components to install", not "select the components to download"
    Yes, the small installer will download the large packages and then start the installation. Once it's done downloading, do not continue the installation. You should then see the menu I mentioned in my initial post.

[Attachment 75704 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  27. Awesome, thank you! After the download I found the files in "c:\Users\MY_USER_NAME\Documents\MAGIX Downloads\Installationsmanager".
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Cool!
    Quote Quote