VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello all,

I have an .mkv file I encoded awhile back with DVDFab and I am trying to copy the x264 encoding parameters when looking at the file with MediaInfo. I want to copy them into the Advanced Options tab in Handbrake so that I can use that program for encodes instead. Does anyone know how to do this? A simple copy/paste does not seem to work.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can usually set most of the parameters by using one of the presets, then manually changing others. A few years ago I generated a list of all the options selected by the presets:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/343431-Compressing-video-to-128kbit-sec-with-MeGUI...ng#post2140113

Some may have changed since then though.

In Handbrake's Extra Options box parameters are separated by colons:

Code:
    merange=24:tff:trellis=1
    Unfortunately, that means some parameters can't be entered in Handbrake's For example, the command line option "sar 10:11" can't be entered into Handbrake because it interprets that as "sar 10" and "11".

Some of the names of parameters reported in MediaInfo vary from the command line arguments. For example, me-range in MediaInfo is merange on the command line.

But why do you need to do this? Using the same options don't guarantee you will get the same quality with a different video. It doesn't guarantee you can append a new video to an existing one. Etc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. mis2x264 by selur will parse the mediainfo string and spit out the command line used, but it only works for x264cli . handbrake doesn't use the same syntax
    Quote Quote