VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I've got a couple videos with some background music that I'm particularly fond of. However, they're all hidden by sound affects and talking that also remains in the video. My attempt is to rid the video of the talking and the sound affects to have the background music remaining and then convert that into a music file. I've done my research and have found that this is quite possible with the right software/hardware. What I have done so far is taken the original video file and converted it to an Mp3 and had the file kept the file video file. I have heard of converting the video to an AC3 file and cancelling out the channels or something like that, but I'm not sure how thats going to work. Please help me to find a solution to my dilemma.

Thank you all in advance,

DigitalDummy24
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is it a commercially available song? If so, just get that.

Maybe you can post a clip and someone can identify it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    it can't be done without gutting some of the background music.
    Everywhere the frequencies of the voices/sound effects match the music, it will be removed.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "They" add sound effects or voiceover just to prevent you from doing that.

The original track details should be in the credit roll.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DigitalDummy24 View Post
    I've done my research and have found that this is quite possible with the right software/hardware.
    No, it's really not. Not even the most advanced forensic methods can perfectly remove voices and leave just the music, without it sounding craptastic.

The only people who say it is possible is:
    1. others that don't know any better, having never done it, only "read something online"
    2. cheap junk software that lies to you so you buy their stuff -- always $100 or less, always from China
    3. the writers for CSI episodes
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DigitalDummy24 View Post
    Hi,

I've got a couple videos with some background music that I'm particularly fond of. However, they're all hidden by sound affects and talking that also remains in the video. My attempt is to rid the video of the talking and the sound affects to have the background music remaining and then convert that into a music file. I've done my research and have found that this is quite possible with the right software/hardware. What I have done so far is taken the original video file and converted it to an Mp3 and had the file kept the file video file. I have heard of converting the video to an AC3 file and cancelling out the channels or something like that, but I'm not sure how thats going to work. Please help me to find a solution to my dilemma.

Thank you all in advance,

DigitalDummy24
    Absolutely not possible - far too many detective stories with magic boxes - once sound is mixed it's a bit like a scrambled egg. The one exception is if you have a perfectly balanced stero recording with the vocal positioned dead centre then you can remove about 98% of the voice - what you are left with is a mono signal consisting of the L minus the R channel. But then recording engineers like me do things to the vocal track to stop this technique. Try and find the original music.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote