VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hello, I am having trouble with my Dazzle capture card. I'm trying to record Smash Bros Brawl game play and cut scenes on my capture card, but whenever I set the recording to 720x480, it drops around 500 frames in 30 seconds. i defraged my Hard Drive, my computer is a new Alienware m11x (and for the record, i know its just a normal Dell with pretty lights), i set the frame rate everywhere from 2000 to 10000, i turned off audio, i even turned off all processes possible without screwing up my computer and it still dropped frames. The same amount, it didn't even help performance a little bit
    either this Dell in completely incapable of recording in 720x480, or I'm missing something
    please help?
    also, when i decrease resolution it works fine with basically not dropped frames besides maybe 4 or 5, but i cant stand the resolution being that bad
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by AverruncusTheCrow View Post
    hello, I am having trouble with my Dazzle capture card. I'm trying to record Smash Bros Brawl game play and cut scenes on my capture card, but whenever I set the recording to 720x480, it drops around 500 frames in 30 seconds. i defraged my Hard Drive, my computer is a new Alienware m11x (and for the record, i know its just a normal Dell with pretty lights), i set the frame rate everywhere from 2000 to 10000, i turned off audio, i even turned off all processes possible without screwing up my computer and it still dropped frames. The same amount, it didn't even help performance a little bit
    either this Dell in completely incapable of recording in 720x480, or I'm missing something
    please help?
    also, when i decrease resolution it works fine with basically not dropped frames besides maybe 4 or 5, but i cant stand the resolution being that bad
    Try record with Virtualdub using UT VIDEO CODEC (Look my video below to reference).

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    WHICH Dazzle capture card? Their now ancient DVC-II was a PCI based card and it was certainly capable of capturing at DVD resolutions at very high bit rates. Their USB cards at the time sucked big time though. They long ago abandoned the DVC-II and moved to cheaper and crappier cards and I no longer follow their product line.

Your PC specs should easily be sufficient to record even H.264 at DVD resolutions. Something is not right for sure. Let us know what card you have as others may have suggestions, but you might try Cauptain's suggestion and see if it helps.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I tried Virtualdub and it worked great actually, i would like to get Pinnacle Studio working though because im used to it and i cant even edit the videos i record in Virtualdub because Studio 12 doesnt support AVI
    I'm using DVC100, which to my knowledge isnt too old
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by AverruncusTheCrow View Post
    I tried Virtualdub and it worked great actually, i would like to get Pinnacle Studio working though because im used to it and i cant even edit the videos i record in Virtualdub because Studio 12 doesnt support AVI
    I'm using DVC100, which to my knowledge isnt too old
    Consider move to Sony Vegas (Advanced Learn) or Power Director (Medium Learn) editors.

Both have full support to Virtualdub (AVI records with most codecs like UT VIDEO, LAGARITH or HUFFYUV) and lot options to enhanced your videos.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  6. Using PowerDirector now, works with no problems! Thanks a lot!
    Still dont know what was wrong with Pinnacle, but whatever, PowerDirector works just as well!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wait, how do you capture footage in vegas, I don't think it allows you to do that
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BladeBlur View Post
    Wait, how do you capture footage in vegas, I don't think it allows you to do that
    I'm sure Cauptain is only talking about editing in Vegas. The original poster was not opposed to using different programs to capture and edit.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    I'm sure Cauptain is only talking about editing in Vegas. The original poster was not opposed to using different programs to capture and edit.

Correct.

Claudio
    Quote Quote