VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all.

Firstly I was asked to have a look at a DVD transfer of a wedding taken from a VHS tape, as the colours were changing.

I was told that was the output when recorded from VHS, and the tape itself is damaged.

Unfortunately the lady who asked to look, doesn't have a VHS machine, so can't check if the VHS tape is indeed faulty, or the guy who transferred the tapes did a half batch job.

The tape itself is 16 years old, and was only played once apparently, so I doubt that is the case.

Once I know more, I will have to have the tape couriered to attempt restoration, should the tape indeed be faulty.

I have attached 2 examples of the footage (This is obviously the DVD, as we currently have no way to test the VHS master until I have it in my possession.

Please let me know ASAP.

I am also going to share the URL of this post with the person who requested I take a look, so she also is aware of the issue.

Thanks.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. At best it's a lousy transfer, at worst the tape is damaged. You're not going to know any more than that until you can view the tape under better conditions.
    Quote Quote