VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just got a Casio EX-V7 digital camera with movie mode. The movie mode records in either MPEG4 H.264/AVC or, in the lowest quality setting, records with .avi.

The problem is that I have no audio at all (during playback) with the MPEG4 movie clips. The .avi clips work fine when playing back the audio, but I want to use the much higher quality of the MPEG4 for my movie clips.

I've tried playing the videos back using QuickTime, Windows Media Player, and Nero Showtime -- same results for all three.

The MPEG4 uses stereo sound, while the .avi clips are in mono. I cannot find any settings or tweaks that will get the audio to play. I sent an inquiry to Nero, along with the info file, but have heard nothing.

Any suggestions? Any help appreciated! Thanks....
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Drop one of the H.264 clips into Gspot 2.70 and see if it has audio and what format it is. GS may also tell you if you are missing a needed codec for the audio, though it is likely MP3 or possibly AC3.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the info. I ran GSpot and it advised that I needed the ADPCM codec, which I installed. BUT...it still didn't work.

I also tried converting the .mov files to other formats, but something weird happens with the other formats: I either get the same result (video, no audio), OR I get audio with no video.

The only format that seems to work is when I convert to .avi, but the quality loss on the video is quite noticeable.

Anything else I can try? Thanks....
    Quote Quote