VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've got a Panasonic RV32 DVD player, and i've got the following question:

I've heard about RCE, and the 'world map' that comes up if you've got a modified dvd player. The only non region 2 dvd that i have tested in my dvd player was xXx, which has RCE protection on. Sure enough, I got the 'world map.' Does this mean that my DVD player is region free, but can't play RCE disks? Or can it also mean that my dvd player can only play region 2 dvd's?
    Does anyone have a work around for the RCE on a RV32 system? I've tried the 'title 01 chapter 01' workaround, but it didn't work.

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How did you get the player to be region free? Remote hack or some kind of internal chip?

To bypass macrovision you need to be able to manually set the region on a region free player. I remote hacked my player to be region 0, and sofar all my region 1 DVDs have worked, but I don't think theres any RCE titles among them. But I am able to remtoe hack the player to be region 1 only, so in the event I buy an RCE title and the region set to 0 won't play it, I can simply change the region to 1.
    Quote Quote  
  3. That's the thing, i'm not sure if it is region free. The DVD player says it only plays region 2 dvd's, but then again, a few of my friends players have said that, and they play all regions fine without being unlocked. So that's what i'm trying to find out, if my DVD player is region free or not. The only title I tested was an RCE title, giving me the world map. So does that tell me that it is region free, but can't play RCE titles??
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I think so.

RCE works by asking your player if its region 1. The player says yes (if its a r0 or r1 player anyway) then the program asks the player if its another region (eg 4) and the player says yes. The RCE disc then proceeds to the world map screen. Some r0 players are smart and will answer no to the second question, and thus the RCE disc plays anyway.

If the player was region 2 only, I believe you'd just get the standard wrong region message when you try to play the disc, instead of the world map.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks mate, that's the answer I was hoping to get

Any chance you have a work around for the RCE on a Panasonic RV32?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You might want to try find some further confirmation of whether its region free, I'm not 100% sure. I'm only going by my knowledge of how RCE works. Borrow a non-RCE r1 title from a friend or something.

As for getting rid of RCE, you'd have to get some kind of modification installed internally I think. Have a search on yahoo or something, theres lots of places that can do this for you.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you try the following, which works on some players?

Play another Region 1 disc up to the point of the FBI logo and then Eject. This will 'hardswitch' the player to R1. Now play the RCE title as you normally would.
    Quote Quote