VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. if your mom has tapes to convert, she obviously has a vcr. buy her a plain jane dvd recorder & patch it to the vcr. this will require pushing 2 buttons instead of one ("play" on the vcr & "record" on the recorder. even moms can do this. if she can't or won't, you can do it for her. no one is born knowing this stuff (even if people on this site like to believe so) so anyone can learn if they have an interest. maybe mom is smarter than you think. if she isn't, help her out, for all the times she changed your diaper. if she has commercial tapes which are encrypted, you'll need to do this anyway, since a copy enhancer won't work with a combo unit. the last time i looked, you could get a low end toshiba recorder for about 90 bucks, the same as you'd pay for a combo which will **** up very soon. personally, i like the magnavox mdr series with hdd, which is good for editing. cheapest at walmart. mine get worked very hard & i've had no problems after 3 years of daily use.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by majormulatto View Post
    if your mom has tapes to convert, she obviously has a vcr. buy her a plain jane dvd recorder & patch it to the vcr. this will require pushing 2 buttons instead of one ("play" on the vcr & "record" on the recorder. even moms can do this. if she can't or won't, you can do it for her. no one is born knowing this stuff (even if people on this site like to believe so) so anyone can learn if they have an interest. maybe mom is smarter than you think. if she isn't, help her out, for all the times she changed your diaper. if she has commercial tapes which are encrypted, you'll need to do this anyway, since a copy enhancer won't work with a combo unit. the last time i looked, you could get a low end toshiba recorder for about 90 bucks, the same as you'd pay for a combo which will **** up very soon. personally, i like the magnavox mdr series with hdd, which is good for editing. cheapest at walmart. mine get worked very hard & i've had no problems after 3 years of daily use.
    This thread was already woken up from the dead in September by frayedknotarts (and the new question answered), but you are replying to a post that was made in January 2013, so no doubt the decision has already been made.
    Quote Quote