VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I I don't know if this is the right forum but I try anyway

I have a digital TV-card in my computer that I can recorder films and that.
    But I don't want to have any commercials when that is time to burn that on CD/DVD.

That is Mpeg2 files that save on my computer.

Where can I found a program that is free to use that can make me to delete my commercuals and that from my mpeg files.

The files is going to be big around 1 GB maybe so the program have to work fast and that.

I like to have a program that I can place a starttag and a endtag and
    delete that is between easy and nice.

I have seen someone have ask that but what I have seen is only program that cost that have been recommend.

So that is a program that can Open MPEG, delete that I want to be delete and then save without change the quality of the MPEG file.

I'm very happy if that program is quick

Edit/
    Sorry for my bad english
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    cuttermaran, you must demux the video to separate video and audio streams first though.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I dont like to have to separate anyting but if that is the only way then I going to use it
    Quote Quote  
  4. There are no free software . Most of them have a free trial period. Some are pretty good, but still you have to pay for it after the trial period is over.

Personally I use MPEG Tools in the TMPGEnc. I use it co cut the parts I want and them merge them. No need to demux. No re-encoding. For 1 hour TV show, usually takes me 10-15 min to complete the entire process.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm that was to bad that is no any good freeprogram.
    I LOVE free program that is 100% free and that.
    All my program in the computer is freeware or program that follow some hardware
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.doom9.net has (I think) a freeware editing program in the downloads section. Yes, you can use TMPGenc, but for some people it causes terrible sync problems to use it for editing. For some it works fine.

The best video editor I have used it MPEG2VCR from http://www.womble.com. It's not free, but it's a great program. If the free editors don't work very well for you, well, you get what you pay for.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    mmm but many good program is freeware.
    exampel I use
    CDBurnerXP Pro 3 to burn VCD/SVCD/DVD and even data.
    DVD Shrink to do a backup of my DVD
    And many other program is good and free.

But thanks but I have try TMPGEnc and that is not so easy to change and that

But I have hope to find some program that I can use
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have found Mpeg2Schnitt to be verry effective at cutting out adds. You must however demux the mpg file first (use projectx for that), usually I leave projectx in the backround while watching the next program in HD, so as you could emagine it doesn't take long, and i've found that Mpeg2Schnitt is verry fast.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98
    The best video editor I have used it MPEG2VCR from http://www.womble.com. It's not free, but it's a great program. If the free editors don't work very well for you, well, you get what you pay for.
    Yes. I agree.

MPEG-VCR is the best!

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Free! Free! Free! Life ain't free? Gee I think I will go get some "Free Gas" for my "Free Car". Geez! Doesn't it make since to find a good quality product and pay for it? I understand you might be on a budget, but frankly, computers and video work does cost a little to have fun.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm looking for a program, free or not, that can cut the commercials out of several mpeg2 or avi files after telling it where to cut the commercials out of the first. So that it makes the same cuts in the same places on every file. If anyone knows of a program that can do that please let me know. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    mpeg2vcr - The ultimate solution IMO

Freeware, only Mpg2Cut2 and Mpeg2Schnitt (both based on DVd2AVI, but Mpeg2Schnitt looks different now! Hmmm - Has also Greek translation! That's nice (for me)). They do have bugs, crash, produce lipsynch issues at times... But it is the best freeware you have!

Also, you can use virtualdub mpeg 2 to load your mpeg 2, edit it and save to new avi (or mpeg 4 like XviD). Of course, this is not only editing...
    La Linea by Osvaldo Cavandoli
    Quote Quote  
  13. ...after telling it where to cut the commercials out of the first. So that it makes the same cuts in the same places on every file.
    Commercials are seldom in the exact same spot in the timeline from one episode to the next, or from one show to another.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
  14. There is a small program called Clip Snipe in the tools section. It works but does not have the accuracy of other products. Accurate to about 1-2 seconds which might work for cutting commercials.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    VideoReDo is the BEST
    No sync problems, easy to use, versatile...
    "I'm sick of paying for dinner and being served cowshit, while they give the bums eating out of the garbage my meal."
    --- D. P. Smith
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Timoleon
    VideoReDo is the BEST
    No sync problems, easy to use, versatile...
    mmm I try that now.
    That is not free but I can't ask for more right now
    Quote Quote  
  17. Hauppauge has a free Mpeg editor. Dont know how good it is but you can get it here: http://hauppauge.com/Pages/support/support_pvr250-350.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have gotten very fast removing commercials using ULead VS8's multi-trim feature and the keyboard commands. I don't know how this compares to the others.

We should have a speed contest for removing commercials from a typical episode of LOST.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    i got nanoedit with my hauppauge usb pvr 2. it's very easy and simple to use. which is a suprise as the nano capture program was crap. the nano progam is well worth trying. it's the free program with the link listed above.
    Quote Quote