VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,
    Registered to see if I can get a little help from you guys My friend has an ACER laptop with a HDMI port(port) and I have a HD television. We connected the laptop to the television for about two months with the proper cable connected and it worked fine. Then one day we fire up the laptop and television and nothing. Just a black screen. Anyone have any idea what the problem could be? Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I assume you've tried the obvious such as screen mode etc ( usually FN+F8 or something like that) and making sure you havent disabled the port somehow?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Another thing to try is a new HDMI cable to see if your current cable is bad. Also if your TV has multiple HDMI inputs, try a different input in case the input you had been using is fried (obviously you want to switch your TV to that new input).

Good luck,
    Don
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for the suggestions guys. Was hoping to maybe avoid the buy a new cable, 6 foot cable for 30 bucks is ridiculous. But anyway, I'll try the above mentioned suggestions and see how it goes! Sorry took so long to get back, my Dad's b-day was today.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Dont spend a lot on a short HDMI cable. There really is no point. I see these $100+ cables all over the place and just hope people arent fooled into thinking they need one, they dont.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have to agree with fitch.j about not spending a lot on a cable. I've had great luck so far with HDMI 1.3 cables that were about $10 (some vendor I found on Pricegrabber.com). Everything on my system is either 1080i (DVD upscaling) or 1080p (Blu-ray) and no problems so far.

L8r,
    Don
    Quote Quote