VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I spent all day looking for a solution to my problem. I have connected an external hard drive to my Sony Bravia television in order to record programs. Since the hard drive is connected with an HDMI cable, I can also connect it to my computer. And that is precisely the problem. My computer recognizes the external hard drive and it contains folders and files. The video files are an M2TS extension. Unfortunately they are not readable as a video file. After searching the internet I found out that the files are encrypted. I have tested several decrypt programs, none of them work. My question is, how the hell can I make those files on the hard drive that are recorded with the Sony television work on my computer? MY POST IS SET IN A WRONG CATEGORY SORRY FOR THAT, I CAN'T DELETE IT....

2. Originally Posted by busel View Post
    My question is, how the hell can I make those files on the hard drive that are recorded with the Sony television work on my computer?
    You can't. You record them to begin with using a splitter box that ignores HDCP, between the television and the hard drive.

3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    busel-please do not cross post,one thread is enough,this thread is closed,please continue here.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/398843-How-to-Decrypt-M2TS-files-recorded-from-a-S...vision-ext-hdd
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.