VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi. As you may know, using avisynth on a wmv file can be a nightmare. The one I have right now just won't stay in sync so I'm trying something new - I've opened the wmv file with Wavepad and saved the audio as a CBR wma (apparently it's VBR audio that often causes the sync problems for other encoders). To get the new audio onto the original wmv, I'm trying Windows Media Stream Editor but I'm hitting a brick wall as described in the attachment. I've no idea how I can have an 'invalid pointer' - can anyone suggest what the problem is? Thank you.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	WME stream editor.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	424.2 KB
ID:	45355  

Quote Quote  
  2. Marsia Mariner
    A *repairable* broken ASF can be fixed with Asfbin, ffmpeg, SolveigMM ASF Multiplexer, OR with two of them, OR with all of them
    (which one should be used first, is a matter of trial and error).

IF the broken ASF file cannot be fixed, then you'd better forget it.

I've opened the wmv file with Wavepad and saved the audio as a CBR wma (apparently it's VBR audio that often causes the sync problems for other encoders).
    Regarding WMA specifically, the sync problems are caused not by variable frame rate, but by the weird timestamps:

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1513679#post1513679

And if you're going to reencode the video && the audio anyway (you mentioned Avisynth alright), you'd better decompress the audio to a .WAV file first.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks, Marsia.
    Quote Quote