VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i plug in the usb stick into my tv and recorded a couple of videos and they did not play on my pc i read online that the tv may be adding something to the video as copyright protection to only play it on this tv

i found the code for my tv to enter maintenance mode

i found a setting called PVR Record TS it was set to off

when set to off it does not play in vlc player and in mediaplayer classic it says cannot render the file

when i set it to on vlc player just shows black screen for like a second video stops playing and in mediaplayer classic i hear audio for like a spit second and it just shows a black screen also in mediaplayer classic i can view the media info of the video file

i have included sample videos with PVR Record TS set on and off

i could just get my laptop and my usb dvb-t tuner out and hook my roof antenna up to it and record tv but that would be a pain

anybody have ideas what i can do or change on my tv to be able to play/edit these recording on my pc
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    yes but i found a new setting that might help to be able to get these to play on my pc
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You might benefit from something like HDML-Cloner Box.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jamespoo View Post
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    yes but i found a new setting that might help to be able to get these to play on my pc
    TS files can also be encrypted. If you post the manufacturer and model number for the TV, it may be possible for someone to download the manual and check it for statements to the effect that the files recorded by the TV are only playable using that individual TV. This kind of statement indicates that recordings are encrypted.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mail2tom View Post
    You might benefit from something like HDML-Cloner Box.
    I very much doubt that would help. When a TV plays a video there is no video signal available to capture with the HDML-Cloner Box because video ports on recent HDTVs are for input only.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote