VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. While attempting to rip "Unbreakable" with Smart Ripper 2.31 it gets to 97% and then starts coming up with cant read this block. It gives me 3 options, retry, ignore or cancel. if i hit retry same thing happens, if I hit ignore then it will do it again on the next block. I tried this twice and it did the samething twice, exactly at 97%. Any one have any ideas why this might be happening? As for the settings in Smartripper I have them set just like the screen shots in Sefy's guide.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have the exact same problem ripping Dungeons & Dragons. Tried it with DVD Decrypter and same thing, however, error message says that block is encrypted. Perhaps there is a new or updated encryption method being used on newer DVD's that Smartripper and DVD Decrypter cannot handle, yet....

Anyone else have any ideas??

Mark
    Quote Quote  
  3. I ripped Unbreakable a few days ago and didn't have any problems. It was a region 1 DVD too. Maybe your dvd is stratched or dirty. Take a dab of toothpaste and clean it under running water. That takes all the dirt and grit of a CD.

Quote Quote  
  4. Did you try playing the movie first to unlock it? Sometimes when you play the movie first, you can unlock the block that is giving you problems. Try playing the movie for a few minutes first.
    Quote Quote  
  5. juice is right, same thing happened to me when trying to rip Toy Story 2. just clean the bottom of the DVD and retry again.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks for the info everyone
    Although it only got to 97% i still had all the vob files there and just went thru the entire process of converting it to a vcd. The sound came out......well horrible. I assume it is because smartripper was not able to rip the entire 100 percent and stopped at 97%. I will try cleaning it and then try it again. peace out
    Quote Quote