VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello Guys

I capture previously via my AJA Capture card some video tapes, but foolishly I set the audio to 24bit for best quality

This now seems to play havoc with Virtual Dub2 when trying to do a QTGMC ??

After creating my QTGMC script and dragging into Virtual Dub 2, the video plays fine with audio in virtual dub 2

but when I create audio compression settings and video settings and then save video (Render)

the audio on the exported MP4 file is all static noise

I feel its because the source .mov has 24bit audio ?

is there any way round this ?? for virual dub to render 24bit audio to 16bit audio when QTGMC the render file

Thanks in advance for any help
    Last edited by Johnnysh; 9th Sep 2021 at 18:26.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Johnnysh View Post
    is there any way round this ??
    Remove the audio from the script, process it separately, and add it back in later.
    Quote Quote  
  3. If VirtualDub2 can't handle 24 bit audio use ConvertAutioTo16bit() http://avisynth.nl/index.php/ConvertAudioTo16bit
    Last edited by jagabo; 10th Sep 2021 at 08:29.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    ConvertAudioToFloat() may work as well.

I already discussed 24 bit integer audio issues in VirtualDub2 with its author in the doom9 forum, but he was not able to fix it yet. It may be related to using an older ffmpeg interface.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Vdub, Vdub2, QTGMC all handle 24bit fine, That's how all my captures are, I don't downconvert to 16bit until the final encode. This could be a problem with your system.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Asking if someone could direct me here...I have a Behringer UMC202HD which is capable of recording up to 192/24 PCM. I cannot figure out how to record above 96kHz/16bit in VirtualDub2 as that's the default option even when I select the Behringer as the audio capture device. What am I missing? Is there a Filter, Codec, or something else I need to download to make this work? Really would like to record in 24 bit audio if possible. Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    You will then probably need a recording software which does not rely on the vintage "Video for Windows" interface which was developed together with Windows 3.1 in the year 1992.

VfW may be able to handle higher frequencies and bit depths, but the devices connected to the audio driver may be limited. There is no guarantee that a driver supports every sampling frequency and resolution combination for every programming interface.

Try Audacity as free audio software.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I am aware of Audacity and actually use iZotope RX 7 for Vinyl/audio restoration etc. However, I noticed @dellsam34 stated VirtualDub2 handles 24bit audio. Is there not any way possible for it to capture the audio within the software? I keep getting mixed answers on this and just want a definitive answer.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    Vdub, Vdub2, QTGMC all handle 24bit fine, That's how all my captures are, I don't downconvert to 16bit until the final encode. This could be a problem with your system.
    See above post, any thoughts? Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Maybe dellsam34's audio drivers for his audio card support 24 bit recording via VfW interface, but your drivers for your audio card don't support it in VfW, only in more advanced interfaces?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Audio for video is 48KHz, Not sure if Vdub can handle more than that.

[Attachment 67576 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote