VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm layering a gif on top of pngs to make a gif. The gif layer has a single transparent frame at the end that holds for 3 seconds, however in the final gif, that transparent layer's time gets ignored and it gets the same amount of time as the other frames, which passes quickly.

Is there an ffmpeg command that forces the output gif to use the frame length of all the input gifs?

Current command:
    ```
    ffmpeg -i background.png -i "assets/face.png" -i "assets/moving_layer.gif" -filter_complex "[0][1]overlay=format=auto[i1];[i1][2]overlay=format=auto,split[s0][s1];[s0]palettegen[p];[s1][p]paletteuse=dither=bayer: bayer_scale=5,scale=400:-1:flags=neighbor " -loop 0 output/my_output.gif
    ```

Here's the "assets/moving_layer.gif", you can see the last frame is transparent. This should hold for several seconds (which it does on the input gif).

[Attachment 71220 - Click to enlarge]

How do I force the final output gif to hold the frames for the same length of time as the input gif?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    I don't know about ffmpeg's abilities to edit animated GIFs in detail; I prefer JASC Animation Shop 3 (companion of JASC Paint Shop Pro 9) when editing MNG and GIF. And I am sure that Animation Shop supports both editing the duration of single frames and a quite detailed optimization of GIFs while saving.
    Quote Quote