VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have just started to use VSDC and have done an Export in H265 MKV format.

How do I do an Export in VP9 MKV format? There does not appear to be a profile for this format but various sources state that it is possible to get VSDC to render in VP9 format. I am using the free version. Is this facility only in the paid version?
    Last edited by Will; 18th May 2023 at 07:44.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    What is VSDC? Never heard of ... in contrast to many other free software.

I guess you mean this: https://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor

VP9 in MKV is also known as WebM, maybe it has a profile under that name.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You can use clever Ffmpeg-GUI.
    Load your source, click main, click encode videostream, set vp9 as codec, make your settings and click encode.
    If done, click multiplex, the new vp9 stream is shown in green, select it and any other stream you want, set mkv as container and click multiplex.
    If done, you'll find your new mkv file into the output folder.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks very much to LigH.de & ProWo for the above help.

In what Task Manager calls VSDC Video Editor (in Processes) and VideoEditor.exe (in Details) I have now successfully rendered a 3 minute video in VP9 WEBM format.

The time taken to do the rendering makes VP9 WEBM impractical except for short videos that are crucially important to keep at maximum quality for a long time such that they will still look good when the technology incrementally increases in processing power and screen pixel count.

But when I attempt to render VP8 WEBM with exactly the same settings and just changing the output file name by one character it immediately fails with 'Check the path validity of the resulting file'. No matter how simple I make the output file path and the name the same message occurs.

Can anyone solve this? I do not wish to have fundamentally different settings. They are clearly valid for VP9 WEBM. Is there any way to solve the file path problem?

Video
    Codec On2 VP8
    Width 1920
    Height 1080
    Frame Rate 60fps

Audio
    Codec Opus Interactive
    Bit Rate 192 kbps
    Frequency 48000 Hz
    Channels Stereo

I assume that VP9 WEBM will become more efficient and the technology will gradually improve, thus making it more viable.
    Last edited by Will; 19th May 2023 at 10:17.
    Quote Quote