VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used avidemux for fast cuting/trimming videos without reencoding but it has incompatibilities with some formats like ts. Any alternatives?
    Quote Quote  
  2. it has incompatibilities with some formats like ts.
    Not here.

But Xmedia Recode can cut with "copy" for video/audio.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I have not noticed any incompability issue with ts file. Can you be more specific?
    I used it several times without problems.
    On other hand, when capture multiple channels at once in one ts I remuxed wanted channels in mkvtoolnix to mkv. So for example channel CT1 video track + CT1 audio tracks with subtitle track.
    But if I have single ts, there is not problem. Just start of the video doesn't start at 0:00:00:00, but avidemux point slider on timeline on real start. So I press end of selection there and delete this piece of video. Then working as with usual videofile.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For example i record my tv using a usb stick. The tv produces an mts file. When i record the 1080i version of the channel the file works ok with avidemux. But when i record the 576i version the file takes forever to be loaded while avidemux appears to not be responding. Also the 16/9 ratio becomes 4/3 and is exported as such. I have to stretch it in my player to view it properly.

[Attachment 44003 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 44004 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know how it works with mts files. Even I don!t know how it indexed files from other media than HDD. And if you do lossless cutting/trimming and keep it in this format, I can't see a light. But if you re-encode it to for example to any container with h264/h265 there is in advanced tab I think number 2 PAR, where you can set to pal 16/9. And you get 720/576i 16/9.
    There is also possibility to change aspect ratio in Mkvtoolnix afterwards if mkv is your target container. If you are not satisfied with Avidemux, you can try Virtualdubfiltermod.

Bernix
    Quote Quote