VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I need to process nearly 1000 HDHomerun-based TV recordings in RipBot264. I have been doing smaller batches for several years now, but because these videos don't need Inverse Telecine, Ripbot's batch doesn't turn on Decimate (It seems as though it is either both or none). I have typically edited each entry after adding them to the batch by going into Avisynth settings and selecting Restore->23.976, but this is very tedious on large numbers of files. Looking at RipBot's Batch Custom script feature, it seems as though this could be accomplished using a custom script. I am somewhat familiar with scripts, I have not been able to find a similar script to use as starting point.

Looking at the existing scripts in RipBot, I probably need an script whose text starts with Function then adds the following to the job script, since this is what is added when I manually set it:
    #Decimate
    Loadplugin("C:\RipBot264\Tools\AviSynth plugins\TIVTC\TIVTC.dll")
    video=SelectEvery(video,2).TDecimate()

I would also like the option to do this specific Crop, but that is lower priority, particularly if it makes the script more complicated or uses completely different functions:
    #Crop
    video=Crop(video,2,0,-2,-0)

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated, even if it is pointing me to a similar script that I can use as starting point.
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Assuming your sources are 23.976 film in 59.94p broadcast TV:

Code:
    Loadplugin("C:\RipBot264\Tools\AviSynth plugins\TIVTC\TIVTC.dll")
    video=SelectEvery(video,2).TDecimate().Crop(video,2,0,-2,-0)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Yes regarding 59.94p broadcast TV and thanks again, your reply was helpful! I did find that with .Crop(video,2,0,-2,-0) appended to the code (as shown above), the job would error/end right after it started. So I started trying different variations, got the decimate part to work and then (finally) remembered something from previous times where I edited the job script directly. When the job script is edited without using the RipBot GUI controls, the changes aren't reflected in the GUI itself. So, after doing some testing, the code below actually works as a custom script and just puts the values in their normal place rather than under Custom:

#Decimate
    Loadplugin("%AVISYNTHPLUGINS%\TIVTC\TIVTC.dll")
    video=SelectEvery(video,2).TDecimate()
    #Crop
    Crop(video,2,0,-2,-0)

I ran it using the above and the video file that was created was correct/what I needed. Thanks again for looking at it.
    Quote Quote