VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Can anyone help with downloading live mpd wv protected streams, decrypting and repackaging on the fly?
    Quote Quote  
  2. we have.
    but this is private method.
    anyway yes, you can do it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Is this possible?

https://spark.akamaized.net/dash/live/2014326/spark/sparksport1test_spark/master.mpd

I was using ffmpeg to download and save into segments but then I couldn't decrypt the individual segments even though I believe I have the correct key.

I think its not as simple as I am trying and also need to do something with the init files but again I am only beginner.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Me the same. I guess ffmpeg trys to "correct" something on the encrypted stream, so it changes something, and later you cannot decrypt correctly.
    Does someone know a swith to prevent ffmpeg from making ANY changes to the stream?
    Quote Quote  
  5. If anyone is willing to point me in the right direction please pm me or reply here. I am willing to pay for your time.
    Quote Quote  
  6. for this link https://spark.akamaized.net/dash/live/2014326/spark/sparksport1test_spark/master.mpd
    need VPN. country?

and i don't know your problem: how to download or key to decrypt?
    Quote Quote  
  7. It works exactly like any other mpd

You binary merge init+segment1+segment2+segment3+.....
    And decrypt it with mp4decrypt with correct keys.
    discord=notaghost9997
    Quote Quote  
  8. But to do that I'd have to wait till live stream was finished before i could use mp4decrypt?

How can I do it so I can decrypt a few segments at a time. Would I need a script to download and merge as below

init + segment 1 + segment 2 + segment 3 + segment 4 -> mp4decrypt

init + segment 5 + segment 6 + segment 7 + segment 8 -> mp4decrypt

etc.?

Am I going in the correct direction?
    Quote Quote  
  9. *push*
    Has anyone got a solution to download DRM-protected MPD-LIVE-streams? Not only parts that refer to one mpd, but as long as you need the stream by updating the changing dynamic mpds? I tried meanwhile everything, I fear. Don't tell me I have to invent the wheel new.
    Thanks for any hint.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I think the parsers for the differing .mpd files are coded for each site. Then some .mpd also needs the live segment to be worked out using the start time of the live stream and segment length. Then download init file & x amount of segments for both video and audio. Decrypt using widevine key using mp4decrypt and then mux with ffmpeg.

Seems this info isn't available publically so everyone must code there own scripts to do this.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I thought those updating dynamic mpds were standard, so that the functionality inside tools like YT-dlp were available somehow since long. ffmpeg was the only tool I tested that did the job, but as I said, changed something, so that later the streams coudn't be decrypted. Even N_m3u8DL-CLI wasn't able.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I achieved some live decryption manually by using curl to download the init and merging the next segments to the init file. Then decrypting with mp4decrypt. This all worked so was a proof of concept.

I just dont have the knowledge to automate this into a script.
    Quote Quote  
  13. My stream portions downloaded with yt-dlp also decrypt well. But yt-dlp simply doesn't take more than the first mpd in account and doesn't update.

The easiest way seems to code something to generate a big local mpd by providing many segments and longer timing, put this on a local server and let yt-dlp do the rest. When I find any time I will try this.
    Quote Quote