VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello. I have a problem using Subtitle Edit to convert subtitles. Every time I convert subtitles and then check them after converting, I find that Subtitle Edit changes some words from the original subtitle. For example, the original subtitle will have the word apple. When I convert the subtitle, apple becomes appe. Is there any way to fix this problem? Any help appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I've never seen this.

But maybe some additional info could be helpful. Like the From format and To format. Version of Subtitle Edit used and is it the same with other versions. Is it when changing format in SE as shown below. Or is a batch conversion. And if so is the batch conversion in the GUI used or is it the CLI conversion.

[Attachment 57927 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm going to list the additional info you needed videobruger:

To: .ass (Advanced SubStation Alpha)
    Version of Subtitle Edit: 3.6.0

I use the batch conversion but I don't know if I'm using GUI or CLI.
    Quote Quote  
  4. BluRay subtitles are image based and converting them to text based subtitles reuires an OCR.

I havn't used batch conversion for this but when a OCR usually is done in Subtitle Edit you have some options shown below to control how the conversion is carried out. The accuracy of the OCR of course depends on the quality of the Blueray subtitles used.

[Attachment 57932 - Click to enlarge]

Here you'll be prompted for unknown word or they will be guessed. Maybe that's not the case for batch conversion.

PS I forgot to mention that when the OCR is done manually you specify the method and dictionary to use. I don't know what is used in the batch conversion.
    Last edited by videobruger; 21st Mar 2021 at 10:34. Reason: Added PS
    Quote Quote