VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. LG oled B2 tv hates MKV file HEVC with "Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible". Plays it only as HDR10.

So I use tsmuxer to demux the file to pieces and then use mp4 mux tool to put them together as mp4 file and from video options I select Dolby vision profile 5..

TV now displays the new file as Dolby vision. However, I have no idea what I actually did. Did I mess up the video somehow or did I improve the quality by making it possible for the tv to play it in dolby vision mode?

If I didn't mess the video quality/colors, is there a simpler way of doing this, perhaps without changing the file to mp4?

I don't even know what I'm saying. Too tired....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Since P5 uses DV proprietary IPTPQc2 colorspace, converting from P7 would mean re-encoding. Usually converting P7 is done to P8.1. Both have same codec & colorspace for baselayer. I don't know what tools you use (-QfG- or RESET_9999 scripts?) but have you tried to remux to MP4 whilst keeping P7?

I don't know your LG B2 but it's known a lot of tv's have trouble with (DV) mkv. So remuxing into another container is required. Many has been said about tv's, container-support and DV in the main Dolby Vision thread at the MakeMKV forums. Maybe you want to do a search for your tv type there: https://forum.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18602&start=7950
    Quote Quote