VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. is there a way to make Subtitles appear only in one line instead of two ? not that I want a long single line but as in the screenshot attached along here, the two lines appear in the same width but one after the other, in a single line instead of two.

[Attachment 66634 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Subtitles are made that way
    Quote Quote  
  3. hmmm, so I guess no player can do that.
    Quote Quote  
  4. If they are soft subs in a text file you can remove the line break. If they are soft subs in a graphics format you have to rebuild the image for that sub. If they are hard subs you are stuck.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    If they are soft subs in a text file you can remove the line break. If they are soft subs in a graphics format you have to rebuild the image for that sub. If they are hard subs you are stuck.
    these are external subtitles that I'm using. it's an srt file I'm able to open and edit in notepad. is there an option in potplayer to remove the line break ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. You can eliminate the line break with Notepad. For example change something like this:

Code:
    00:00:01,000 --> 00:00:2,900
    Consequently, I was forced to
    do your paperwork for a week,
    to this:

Code:
    Consequently, I was forced to do your paperwork for a week,
    Of course, long lines will automatically be broken into two lines if they exceed the max line length. If that's the case you will need to specify a smaller font and longer line length in the subtitle renderer.

Some subtitle renders will respond to html tags in the SRT file:

Code:
    <font size="12px">Consequently, I was forced to do your paperwork for a week so this is a very long line.</font>
    The version of PotPlayer I have doesn't respond to that.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    You can eliminate the line break with Notepad. For example change something like this:

Code:
    Consequently, I was forced to
    do your paperwork for a week,
    to this:

Code:
    Consequently, I was forced to do your paperwork for a week,
    Of course, long lines will automatically be broken into two lines if they exceed the max line length. If that's the case you will need to specify a smaller font and longer line length in the subtitle renderer.

Some subtitle renders will respond to html tags in the SRT file:

Code:
    <font size="12px">Consequently, I was forced to do your paperwork for a week so this is a very long line.</font>
    The version of PotPlayer I have doesn't respond to that.
    lol so I'd have to this for every line I want to make that way ? That's a tedious task for sure for a 2 hour long film.
    Or is there an easier way for that ? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Subtitle editors can automatically join multiple lines into single lines.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Subtitle editors also let you join long lines together.
    Lol no. Thanks for responding but I'm watching a show with over 160 episodes and I can't do it for every file.
    Was hoping for something in the player itself but guess that's not on the player's side.
    Thanks again for trying to help though.
    Quote Quote