+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search PM
    What is your opinion?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm happy with the apple tv....for watching movie trailers.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Happy with my Popcorn media player pretty well plays anything and Beyonwiz T3 PVR and media player. Hardly ever use my Blu ray standalone these days.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've got a first generation Roku, a Roku XD, and two Roku 3's, I'm very pleased with all of them.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have first and second generation WDTV.
    Generally satisfied except that fast forward is a bad joke.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Do you know about that - pressing next and >> at the same time to jump 10 minutes ahead? Just mentioning, maybe you know about it and it just does not FF properly,

first generation was kind of frustrating to work with and not stable (it was 2009 or 2010?). But I used to have it because of HDV, at that time it was a perfect solution, avoiding Blu-ray to play camcorder videos.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I mostly use my PC to view my videos. But I do have a standalone BD player that can also play most of them and I have a couple of spare WDTV Live hardware players. They all work similar for quality.

But the PC seems a bit easier for me to use to navigate to my videos on my servers.
    Then I also have the option to use different software players for different types of video.

I mostly use Zoom player for my MKVs, but I also use VSO Media Player for direct playback of BD discs. (With AnyDVD HD running in the background.)
    And I occasionally I use VLC for some odd formats.
    Quote Quote