VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Basically, this topic is my exact problem. Except for one thing: I have a different video card. Because of this, I don't have the ATI Catalyst Control Center that the OP of that topic used to fix his problem. Does anyone know how to change the overlay settings for my Intel GMA X3100 video card (Standard macbook one). Note: This is for windows (XP Home SP2), running via bootcamp on my macbook.

Thanks,

BG
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    At the moment I have a problem with the same chipset displaying video on a projector. The drivers provide no method for turning off the overlay, and even disable the standard work around of reducing the acceleration settings under troubleshooting in Display Properties. This holds for both XP and Vista.

So far I have found two methods that work, but are cumbersome. The first is to extend the desktop so that the TV/Projector display is the extended desktop, then drag the video onto the extended desktop. The other method is to clone the desktop and reverse the priority. As the overlay is only used for the primary desktop, directing a secondary desktop the second display (TV or Projector) seems to resolve the problem.

Intel really need to write better drivers for their half-arsed on-board graphics sets.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't actually have a second display device. I am trying to display the video on my laptops screen, not on an external screen/projecter.

Oh and I have no idea what you mean by "clone the desktop and reverse the priority".

Thanks,
    BG
    Quote Quote