VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey there, new member here. I've visited a few times and found some awesome advice and tips, and it's helped me out of a few jams before.

I just ran into a problem with my new AverMedia C027 Video Capture Card and I can't get a response from AVermedia themselves. I've got the card installed with the latest drivers and the latest version of AVer MediaCenter. The computer and AVer MediaCenter seem to recognize the card and allow you to choose it as the default device. But when I try heading to the capture page, it scans for sources and finds nothing.

I've tried many different things to see if I could fix it; I've run Aver MediaCenter in compatibility mode, tried different pci ports, screwed around with the video settings for hours, tried connecting multiple devices, connected the devices directly into the card itself, tried using the component cables, tried running the card through separate software, tried installing previous drivers and software, but everything I've tried has turned up the exact same results. The capture menu searches for a few seconds and then finds nothing.

I'm completely lost here. And I've been waiting for a response from AVer for a week and have got nothing. Does anyone know what it might be? Did I miss a step in setting it up? If so, I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by v19 View Post
    Hey there, new member here. I've visited a few times and found some awesome advice and tips, and it's helped me out of a few jams before.

I just ran into a problem with my new AverMedia C027 Video Capture Card and I can't get a response from AVermedia themselves. I've got the card installed with the latest drivers and the latest version of AVer MediaCenter. The computer and AVer MediaCenter seem to recognize the card and allow you to choose it as the default device. But when I try heading to the capture page, it scans for sources and finds nothing.

I've tried many different things to see if I could fix it; I've run Aver MediaCenter in compatibility mode, tried different pci ports, screwed around with the video settings for hours, tried connecting multiple devices, connected the devices directly into the card itself, tried using the component cables, tried running the card through separate software, tried installing previous drivers and software, but everything I've tried has turned up the exact same results. The capture menu searches for a few seconds and then finds nothing.

I'm completely lost here. And I've been waiting for a response from AVer for a week and have got nothing. Does anyone know what it might be? Did I miss a step in setting it up? If so, I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks!
    Whats OS? Try record using other software like Virtualdub, AmarecTV or Pot Player?

Try this:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/341920-Need-Original-Drivers-for-Avermedia-AverTV-H...=1#post2132428

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  3. Right, I'm running Windows 7 right now.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I've just tried the HDCP remove and it didn't fix the issue. I've also tried to use AmaRecTV, but I think the problem continues over in that program. I get this error:

return: HRESULT=80040217 (FAILED) No combination of intermediate filters could be found to make the connection.

code: moFilterDraph->Connect( mpConnectPinOut, mpConnectPinIn)

I'll try the other programs as well.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Can't seem to get picture in the other programs either. My webcam works fine as a video source, but I can't get the video from the card to work.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Change your PCI-e slot. Its commom problem in some motherboards.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  7. I tried that, but the only pci-e slot I could swap it with is the soundcard pci-e, and the card's too long to fit in the cramped spot on the motherboard.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I tried that, but the only pci-e slot I could swap it with is the soundcard pci-e, and the card's too long to fit in the cramped spot on the motherboard.
    Its a Intel motherboard?

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm currently using an ASUS Rampage Extreme II with Intel.

http://www.asus.com/ROG/RAMPAGE_II_EXTREME/#overview
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm currently using an ASUS Rampage Extreme II with Intel.

http://www.asus.com/ROG/RAMPAGE_II_EXTREME/#overview

Easy. Use a PCI-e 16x (videocard slot).

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  11. (facepalm) Honestly, I didn't even know those worked with pci-e 1x. I'll give that a shot.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Just swapped them out and tested it. Seems like I'm still getting the same problem. It reads the device, but I can't pick a source when I go into the capture tab.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just swapped them out and tested it. Seems like I'm still getting the same problem. It reads the device, but I can't pick a source when I go into the capture tab.
    Return it, probably defective card.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  14. Great. Oh well. At least I got it through a decent shop. Thanks for the help Claudio.
    Quote Quote