VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello.
    I'd like to replace audio tracks in a DVD. The reason for this is that I have a couple of films in two versions: One in Spanish in letterbox format and one in English in widescreen format. What I want to get is a widescreen version with the audio in Spanish.

I've read some posts in the forum, but I find them too difficult for me, since they deal with menus and other stuff. I just want to deal with the main movie.
    My plan is to simplify things by using DVDShrink to get the main movie out from both DVDs, without menus (probably removing ALL audio from the widescreen version) leaving just the .ifo and .vob files and compressing it to a size that will leave me enough space to add the Spanish audio from the other DVD.

To sum up, I'd like some help on the following:
    1. How to extract the AC3 audio from the Spanish DVD.
    2. How to add this audio file to the widescreen .ifo and .vob files leave them ready to burn on disc.

I don't think I'll have syncing problems - but if I came across them, is there a way to fix them? (Even with trial and eror).

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Do you know if both sources are the same video format(PAL or NTSC)?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Both are region 2 PAL
    Quote Quote  
  4. 1.Rip with DVDDecrypter in IFO mode and set file splitting to none.
    2.Use VobEdit to demux.
    3.Use DVDLab Pro or TDA to author.
    Quote Quote  
  5. It's just as easy to keep the menus, if that's what you really want. Put the entire DVD on the hard drive using DVD Decrypter in File Mode. Demux the movie using PGCDemux. Replace the audio when reauthoring the movie with Muxman. Replace the movie with the new audio back into the original DVD using the "Replace" button of VobBlanker.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The audio sync might be off so use delay in Muxman,etc.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thank you very much, Moviegeek.
    BTW - Cool pic of Eastwood... I'm a big fan of him, especially of his work as a film director.
    Quote Quote