VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have a program that plays sounds, ie waterfall, stream, waves,etc. They are stored on the computer as NAT files. How can I convert them to mp3 or something that can play on a CD player? Thanks.
    "Whenever I need to "get away,'' I just get away in my mind. I go to my imaginary spot, where the beach is perfect and the water is perfect and the weather is perfect. The only bad thing there are the flies. They're terrible!" Jack Handey
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I can find no reference to a audio file type of NAT anywhere. But that is a common term in broadcasting that applies to NATural audio, the background sounds such as traffic, surf, waterfalls, etc., used to fill in the background audio during interviews, etc. You could try dropping one of those into a program like Gspot and see if it is identified as a common audio format.

What program are you using to play them? It could be a proprietary format that only that program uses. If all else fails, make a copy of one and change the extension to a more common audio format. It might take some trial and error.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Or you could use an audio recorder program that can record "what u hear" off your soundcard in realtime. Then all you have to do is play the file and record it at the same time.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by yoda313
    Or you could use an audio recorder program that can record "what u hear" off your soundcard in realtime. Then all you have to do is play the file and record it at the same time.
    Thanks guys, they play with Media classic, but I'm interested in finding a program that will record 'what you hear". Can you help with that. At the moment I'm recording it with my video camera and stripping out the audio.

EDIT. Just found a recorder, thanks for giving me the idea.
    "Whenever I need to "get away,'' I just get away in my mind. I go to my imaginary spot, where the beach is perfect and the water is perfect and the weather is perfect. The only bad thing there are the flies. They're terrible!" Jack Handey
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If they play using Media Player Classic, then the solution may be more simple than recording the audio in real-time - the .nat files may simply be renamed wave/mp3/etc. files. What program is using the .nat files? I tried a simple Google search, so I could take a look at the sounds and test this theory, but came up empty-handed. (Of course, my search was probably too vague, anyway.)
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's a program called Natura sound wave therapy.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When you have the NAT files loaded in Media Player Classic, what information for them do you see under File > Properties > Details tab?
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tweedledee
    EDIT. Just found a recorder, thanks for giving me the idea.
    No problem glad to help.

It would be interesting if renaming the file to .wav would work. You should let everyone know if it does.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote