VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys, I am trying to help someone, this is what wrote below, help please?

I have been trying to download the BB King CD to my computer to my docs for permanent storage.

I can not seem to do this using Microsoft 10.

If I use the Media Player, it gets downloaded into my music library and not my docs. It this area I can only listen to the music and nothing else.

I have downloaded over 3000 songs to my computer (My Docs) for further transfer to a thumb drive in the past using windows 7 without a problem.

I have googled the instructions but nothing seems to work for me!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If Win10 works like Win7 then 'my docs' (or just 'documents' in Win7) is not a real folder but a pointer to the set libraries folders which you can change.

But the easiest would be to create a new folder and change the setting in Media Player to rip to that folder.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok, let are relay the info, will report back when the person responds, thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the guy says that did not work, any other ideas please?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hmmn

I just checked this procedure under Win7 - of course he is now using Win10 and had no issues with Win7.

Having altered the 'rip music to...' to point to the new folder the rip does not actually go to the folder but to a sub folder called 'Unknown artist' with the actual ripped contents in a sub-folder of that as 'unknown album'

Maybe your friend should take a closer look at the folder he created to see if these sub-folders do exist there. Other than that........

The newly created folder also appears automatically in the music library.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok thanks.
    Quote Quote