VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    MTS Joiner: First of several simple "Applets" which will be bolted onto VOB2MPG PRO...

All it is is a simple front end to tsMuxeR. However you can drag and drop *.mts files, preview them, reorder them and then join them in a very straightforward way...

Usage:

Currently sucessfully used for joining Panasonic TZ7 and Panasonic ZS3 AVCHD-Lite MTS files... There may be many other uses.

Availiable in VOB2MPG PRO build 3.0.0100 onward.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  2. hey chrissy - for some reason malwarebytes has tagged vob2mpgpro.com's ip 98.124.198.1 as malicious and is blocking it. svcd2dvd.com is fine.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nice.... I will investigate! Thanks for the heads-up.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That look good, thanks - I'm trying to join mts files

a) would there ever be a standalone version, or do I have to learn how to use Vob2Mpg?

b) will the large joined.mts result be better than the one from TsSplitter which ended up either unplayable all the way through, or glitchy, or almost correct but frozen/mucked-up around the joins?

i.e. a straight combination of the files doesn't seem to really cut it - it really needs to construct a genuine video bitstream as if it was all one take.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    a: It is standalone but launched via vob2mpg pro
    b: works fine for me.... play back is seamless.

If you would like to kick its tyres - email me and i will send you a copy.... would be good to hear your opinion.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK, I've PM-ed you... many thanks
    Quote Quote  
  7. chrissyboy - any luck convincing malwarebytes the vob2mpgpro.com site isn't evil? they have a forum you can use to talk to them about it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    I just tried using MTS Joiner to join three parts of a single scene recorded with a Sony camera.

The first thing I noticed was that the output file length was slightly smaller than a simple concatenation of the three source files, and Mediainfo confirmed, as I suspected, that the text subtitle stream, which contains shooting date and time, was absent. This is no big deal if you plan to edit the video in a video editor.

Of more concern was that when I loaded it into Vegas Pro, only the first half approx. displayed. Similarly if I tried to play it in a media player, the second half would not play.

If MTS Joiner is based on tsMuxer, why not use the tsMuxer GUI and be done with it?

I found a small out of sync problem using tsMuxer to join Sony AVCHD files, but Panasonic joined correctly. And the text/sub stream was also copied.

I think the out of sync problem is due to incorrect interpretation of the flag (field) that gives the inherent audio delay (negative, so actually an advance in my case, whether Sony or Panasonic) in the MTS (m2ts) files.
    Quote Quote