VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If that makes any sense - which software would you recommend to, for example, take 5 downloaded music videos, burn them to your DVD and then be able to use your DVD remote to skip to each one?

Currently using Cucusoft AVI to DVD Creator Pro but this seems to default to about 20 or 25 minute splits. If each one of your AVI or MPG files is only a few minutes each, which software would allow you to navigate between the beginning of one file to the beginning of the next without manually fast-forwarding?

Also how, without using editing software i.e. Avid etc, would I be able to take, say, favourite episodes from a DVD set and compile them on to one DVDr?

Appreciate help from anyone who could recommend suitable software that can definitely do both.

Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    1. I would try DVD Flick
    2. Use DVD Shrink in reauthoring mode to both cut out clips and make a new DVD, see http://www.dvdshrink.info/compilation.php
    Quote Quote  
  3. Another option is convertxtodvd, you can set the chapter length to anything (e.g. 5min or 1min, etc...), also you could use each video as a separate title so you could navigate/skip by title.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay great, both seem to be able to do the job from first look

Thanks for your help
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just in relation to this, having cleared adequate HD space I now have tried the trial version of ConvertX to DVD. Problem is, the conversion part took forever (around 4 hrs!) and then when it came to burning the message came up pls put in a blank writable DVD. Tried 3 single layer then 1 dual layer discs - didn't work. It created the folder i.e. the VOB files etc (not sure that my laptop could read them so I think I read them from the ISO files) but it just wouldn't read them, even when I pressed cancel and then instructed it from the main menu 'actions' tab. I was aware that it would put the watermark in the trial version and that's ok but I'm reluctant to pay for the product if it's this slow or unresponsive when burning - any help/advice?

Also the following problem has been going on for a while, in the new year I'm determined to sort it out. I made a film which I had converted from VHS to DVD. I wanted to post it on youtube and got this response from them.
    "Thanks for your email! There are far too many variables in that kind of
    conversion for me to be able to give you exact directions. I would
    recommend searching around on the web for things like "DVD to AVI". You
    should find a number of websites with good information and walkthroughs to
    get you started. We recommend the MPEG4 (Divx, Xvid, SQV3) format at
    320x240 resolution with MP3 audio. Resizing your video to these
    specifications before uploading will help your clips look better on
    YouTube."
    Anyone know the best program again for this and do utube still have a limit on how long your videos can be? Mine's 1/2 an hour so may need to split it. A definitive answer would make my day.

Cheers all
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    Another option is convertxtodvd, you can set the chapter length to anything (e.g. 5min or 1min, etc...), also you could use each video as a separate title so you could navigate/skip by title.
    You can also manually set chapter points anywhere you want to.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok - do you have the full version software too? Just want to know if I'll get those glitches with the paid version?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone??
    Quote Quote