VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I was just looking if anyone was using my MKV Extract GUI and found somebody had given it a 1/10 review, saying it doesn't work in Windows 10. I had tested it in Windows 10, but tested again with the latest Fall Creators Update. I tested with a variety of files using both MKVToolNix 32bit and 64bit, and in all cases it read and extracted tracks fine. The other person who posted a review used it on Windows 10 without issues, so as far as I can see there are no issues on Windows 10.

It would be useful if I could respond to his review with a comment explaining this, and direct him to my forum if he needs help or wants to report a bug. Unfortunately, there's no way to respond to his review, which is a little frustrating.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    thank you for your hard work!!! but. nobody listens to a lone reviewer so don't worry about it. at least it wasn't claiming your software was a virus or malware...
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I have removed the rating for that review. If the reviewer has no forum account you(or me) can't contact him/her.

Forum test:
    MKV Extract GUI should not be a link. But MKVExtractGUI should be.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I saw plenty of question in reviews, and it is pointless to have possibilities to reply them. Logical way is to ask question on forum, not in reviews. If it is possible it end in terrible mess.
    Good idea can be to delete reviews with questions, because this is not place to ask them there

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    I have removed the rating for that review. If the reviewer has no forum account you(or me) can't contact him/her.
    Thanks a lot. I must admit, I was a bit frustrated by the review, particularly when it appeared to be factually incorrect.

Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    I saw plenty of question in reviews, and it is pointless to have possibilities to reply them. Logical way is to ask question on forum, not in reviews. If it is possible it end in terrible mess.
    I think you slightly misunderstood my post. The situation wasn't that he'd asked a question in the review, but that he'd said the software didn't work on Windows 10. I tested it on the latest Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and, as you can see here, it read the tracks without issues, and would also extract them correctly. I just thought it might be useful if you could respond to reviews in situations like this, but it would probably require a lot of work to implement review responses, so it might not be viable.
    Quote Quote