VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I have an issue with my video. I was recording with my BB9900 and suddenly, it runned out of battery. as the result, the video was recorded under the .LOCK file that I can't open in any solfware. I have asked many people even in the BB forum but nobody knows how to handle this issue. This forum might be my only hope. The video is very important for me. Please give some advice. I would be in your debt if you would be willing to help me out.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    How big is the file? The .lock file might not be the video.

Have you tried open it any any editor or converter? like avidemux, handbrake, xmedia recode, etc . Same problem?

Or last try repair/fix it with something like graus video repair tool (try the trial), choose a working mp4 from your bb9900 and the .lock file and see what happens.
    Quote Quote  
  3. the file is quite big, about 3G. I've tried every solf above but none of them works. It is definitely a video file. It is a MP4.LOCK file.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try opening the files with mediainfo,if you get no results then the file is bad and may just contain 3gb of nothing.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    cut a ~50MB sample from it and post it here. if you need a tool to cut it with use the attached.
    Image Attached Files
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  6. Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-09-05_1731.png
Views:	692
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	33498
    I've got this. Can it be fixed ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. aany helps please !!!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you could try to change the container using ffmpeg to copy the contents of the damaged .3gp file into a new mp4 container. Just type below command in your system’s prompt to get it done. Rename the file to input.3gp

ffmpeg -i input.3gp -vcodec copy -acodec copy output.mp4
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  9. It still doesn't work. Anw thank you so much Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-09-06_1743.png
Views:	1622
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	33511
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You're command for ffmpeg are incorrect, use a ffmpeg frontend/Gui like Winff, try again
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  11. Sorry,I'm totally noob in this field. Can you please give me more detail of each step ? I ran WinFF too but doesn't work
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sample?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try this, if it isn't in your phone already put the original video or card with the video back in your blackberry, then Options>Media Card>Encryption Mode>set it to "None" try again.
    Last edited by sum_guy; 7th Sep 2015 at 10:57.
    Quote Quote