VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I picked up a new iPad Mini 1 (or first generation) at Bj's. They had it for $239 a 10 dollar cheaper price than bestbuy.

Its been a very long while since I did any setting up on apple devices. My last device is still the iPod Touch 1st generation 8GB version, and still has OS 4.1 on it since I can't get my act together on my current desktop pc w/ win xp home (to upgrade the hdd to a larger one so that I can finally upgrade the ipod touch OS to 8.x or latest version).

The reason I got the iPad Mini is because I am writing an app for my job and it needs to be written for the iOS and Android devices. My current ipod touch OS 4.1 is too old and not compatible to write apps on. I need 7.x or later, thus the iPad Mini.

I have a dell laptop with plenty of gig's if these things still need to setup through a pc. I hope not. Hope they just work by flipping a switch. specs: dell inspiron laptop, intel core i3-2370m 2.40GHz, windows 7 premium, 64-bit, 6gig ram

What are your suggestions for setting up the iPad Mini 1 ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    never mind. i'm returning it tomorrow. i didn't open it yet. been looking at some guides and they all look too complicated and with too many steps and things to remember. i'll stick with my old ipod touch, and go completely with androids since they are so much easier to setup and get running in only a couple of minutes. i'll just convince my boss we only need android.
    Quote Quote