VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there any software that will let me play digital video tapes directly from my camera, through the fire wire, to the computer monitor? I want to avoid the step of having to save the DV tape as a huge AVI file, then play the AVI file.

Is there some software out there that does this?

Any help is appreciated.

-Tom
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Any of the capture apps that has a preview should let you do that. Check the tools section to the left.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Capture app previes are usually poor quality. They are only meant to be "Previews"

You caould get a TV card and connect via the s-video connector and watch full screen.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks, but I'm looking for a way of taking the direct DV, rather than interlacing it, converting it to analog, then sending it down an S-video cable to a capture card, then de-interlacing it and converting it back to digital to send to my projector. I have a 120" screen and, when you blow things up that big, every bit of quality loss is noticeable.

I agree with Thayne, in that I have not seen any DV software preview screen that is of adequate quality.

There must be some software out there that does this.

-Tom
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by thayne
    Capture app previes are usually poor quality. They are only meant to be "Previews"

You caould get a TV card and connect via the s-video connector and watch full screen.
    not true ... many are full resolution and quality with sound ... like vegas for example or final cut pro or several others ..
    Quote Quote