VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is DGSource (from the DG NV Tools) incompatible with KNLMeansCL or something?! DGSource suddenly gives me an error about not being able to create a video instance of sorts.

This is a real pain, and DGSource is really the only frame-safe processor I know (which actually *is* frame safe, and not just claims so).
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    DGDecNV uses the video decoder chip on the graphic card, thus needs to set up the graphic card in one way to get access to it.

KNLMeansCL uses the computing units on the graphic card, thus needs to set up the graphic card in another way to get access to it.

I could imagine that both ways are mutually exclusive or at least hard to separate from each other. So I wonder if Donald Graft knows more about such details. You may have to ask him in his own forum, though. He can be ... not as sociable as others.
    __

It is already being discussed: DGDecNV and KNLMeans under Win10_x64 – it may work under Windows 8.1 instead; in this case, it's a driver issue and Microsoft or Nvidia are more probable to be blamed than AviSynth and its plugin developers.
    Last edited by LigH.de; 29th Apr 2016 at 17:34.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by LigH.de View Post
    DGDecNV uses the video decoder chip on the graphic card, thus needs to set up the graphic card in one way to get access to it.

KNLMeansCL uses the computing units on the graphic card, thus needs to set up the graphic card in another way to get access to it.

I could imagine that both ways are mutually exclusive or at least hard to separate from each other. So I wonder if Donald Graft knows more about such details. You may have to ask him in his own forum, though. He can be ... not as sociable as others.
    __

It is already being discussed: DGDecNV and KNLMeans under Win10_x64 – it may work under Windows 8.1 instead; in this case, it's a driver issue and Microsoft or Nvidia are more probable to be blamed than AviSynth and its plugin developers.

Thx for your detailed explanation!

Yes, I'm familiar with Donald Graft, LOL. He used to be a (pretty strict) moderator over at Doom9, but I think he's good guy, really. I can try.

P.S. And good call guessing I'm on Windows 10.
    Quote Quote