VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to fix the subtitles in Pride and Prejudice (1995), having the wrong words show up works against the whole feel of the show.

I can't figure out what Lydia is saying in the background in this clip:

https://forum.videohelp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31022&stc=1&d=1428042397

This site quotes it as being "Do you think Mr Bingley is talked of so it won’t matter if we’ll be seeing him?", but I can't hear the "k" in "talked" or the "ing" between "see" and "him".

I don't really trust my own ears in these matters, but I've already found rather obvious errors in the websites transcription so I know it's not beyond question either.

I've been thinking it might help if I could filter out the bite in the mothers complaining so I can concentrate better on the background words but honestly doubt it would help.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. that is what it sounds like to me
    If it's an ambulance...you got a chance. If it's a hearse...it's even worse!!!--Judge Alvin "JP" Valkenheiser

Want to extract audio from .vob files? Read my guide at https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=187078
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Really? I guess I'm the wrong person to be doing this then, I just hear a blur after "tal..."

Upper class snobs and bad subtitles really don't mix well, I'll just have to admit defeat and mux them out of the file.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I made a recording of that version of "Pride and Predjudice" on DVD, captured from US public television. I don't know if the sound is any better in my recording. I am willing to try to locate that scene to find out. What happened in that scene and prior to it?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Losing one's sense of humor....
    is nothing to laugh at.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    I made a recording of that version of "Pride and Predjudice" on DVD, captured from US public television. I don't know if the sound is any better in my recording. I am willing to try to locate that scene to find out. What happened in that scene and prior to it?
    That clipping is from the DTS-MA track in the Blu Ray release. I used EAC3To/FFMPEG to strip out the centre channel, which is where all the dialogue is. The other channels are full of constant music which makes it even harder to tell what they're saying. I can't imagine there's a better source to transcribe.

I already found that, it's not much better than the subtitles, in fact I'm pretty sure that's where it originally comes from. It may have been modified a bit but it's still missing that dialogue completely, and quite a bit more.

(It sounds to me like she's commenting on what he looks like "do you think Mr. Bingley is tall?... see him.")
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!